* Selected players were mailed an invitation letter (to their school's athletic office) on April 18th from the MHSAA office. Those same player's head coaches were also contacted via email on April 18-19th by the BCAM office. May 5, 2018 Update: --- BOTH EVENTS ARE FULL (WE HAVE 100 PLAYERS FULLY REGISTERED AND PAID FOR EACH EVENT). No more registrations will be taken. If you partially registered for the event, but did not finish, then you did NOT secure a spot in the showcase.
We are back! After a one-year hiatus and after looking at a number of options, we have a number of changes to announce with the 2018 MHSAA-BCAM Reaching Higher Showcases:
- The Showcases will take place on Tuesday, July 17th @ Milford High School. The BOYS event will take place from 11 AM to 3:15 PM. The GIRLS event will run from 3:00 - 7:15 PM
- It will be a NON certified event - which means that Division 2, Division 3, JUCO and NAIA College Coaches may attend. We hope to attract 70+ college coaches to the one day event.
- The event will include skill sessions, a parent program & an 8 team tournament.
- Players will play 3 games in front of college coaches
- We will have a Pro/College Keynote Speaker - Travis Bader will be our speaker at the event. Travis currently plays for Faros Larissas of the Greek Basket League. He played college basketball for Oakland University. Bader is the NCAA career leader for three-point field goals and field goal attempts.
- There will be a $30 charge for players to attend.
- This event is open to current high school juniors and younger, who have the potential to play college basketball.
- The player nomination period will run from January 8, 2018 - Saturday, February 24, 2018.
- Selected players will be contacted (coach will be contacted) in April via mailed letter to their player's school. Selected Players will be asked to "Accept" or "Decline" their invitation to attend. More players may be invited as some "decline" their invitations.
Reaching Higher Basketball Experience